Saturday, March 5, 2011

Ju-Ma-Na Restaurant; Wine: 2006 Gaja Ca'marcanda Promis

Tonight, we had a fantastic dinner at Banyan Tree's Ju-Ma-Na; It's a contemporary fine dinning in a cliff top setting, overlooking the beautiful indian ocean. Ju-Ma-Na is considered one of Bali's best dinning venues.


With the parents at the dock of Ju-Ma-Na, the breathtaking indian ocean behind us.

Wine for the evening- 2006 Gaja Ca'macanda Promis Merlot Syrah Sangiovese.  From Tuscany, one of Italia's best producers. It's a delightful mouth coating flavor of medium acidity, smooth textures across the palate; a delicious blend of Merlot, Syrah and Sangiovese. It matched perfectly with my lamb filet.



My lamb filet, medium rare, with pumpkin puree; grilled asparagus; red wine sauce bordelaise; plus potato gnocchi. Very delicious, great recommendation from our waitress to match our wine. 


The restaurant - very high price range, but you can't really put a price on the view and beautiful contemporary setting of the restaurant. Outstanding service and knowledge from the staff. All the main courses are outstandingly created, although the appetizers could use some improvement. I will always remember and recommend this place, it was a once in a life time experience. 


Tomorrow, back to Hong Kong, sad to leave this place, both hotels we stayed at were both very memorable. But most importantly I got to spend a lot of valuable time with my parents, since we moved to Canada, it has been difficult to find time to spend together, and it's always tough to meet my dad's high expectation when it comes to travel, because he has worked so hard his whole life to make money to provide his family with great lives, therefore I wanted to make sure I can plan the perfect trip with the money they spend on it, and I am so glad my planning this time to Bali gave him the opportunity to relax. I feel very blessed to be able to enjoy this time with them. 



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful view from that restaurant....sounds fabulous! Would give my right arm to see Bali one day.... Have a safe trip back to Hong Kong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww so beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! great pic jen! miss u babe!
    I made a blog too so puweeze follow lol!
    keep in touch xoxo

    ReplyDelete